Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Del Cotter Del Cotter is offline

Default How do I make a chart with 4 bars on one axis/1 line on 2nd axis?

On Fri, 15 Aug 2008, in microsoft.public.excel.charting,
AnnieW said:
I want to make a 2-axis chart, but instead of 1/2 the series being bars and
1/2 lines, I want to do all bars except for the very last one as a line (4
bars, 1 line).

So-called "combination" charts in Excel are a bit of a racket. They act
like they're offering you something special or difficult, but really,
every single series is individually customizable, within certain limits.

So just make a plain old bar chart, then right-click on the very last
series, and change the chart type to a line. You don't need those half
bar/half line "special" types.

--
Del Cotter