Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Jim Thomlinson Jim Thomlinson is offline

Default Format row color based on individual cell

Select the rows you want to be conditionally coloured (in my case from row 2
on down). Now select Format - Conditional Format - Formula is -
=LOWER($G2) = "d"

This assumes that row 2 is the active row in your selection. You may need to
adjust as necessary...
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"Beawesum" wrote:

I have a list of work orders. In column G, they are listed as being one of
four types, A, b, c, or d. I would like row 1 to have a background color
based on the type in column g. I would like to do this throughout the
spreadsheet. I have tried conditional formating, but I haven't been able to
get it to work.

Thanks for your help.