Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Peo Sjoblom[_2_] Peo Sjoblom[_2_] is offline

Default If/Then Formulas

That is because Excel has a bug/feature, if you enter the formula you enter
the same number of characters
so in my book they are the same size. I mean the only practical reason for
wanting a shorter formula must be
that you save time by entering less characters. Of course displayed using
default fonts your formula
actually takes up more cell space even if we include the padded zero <g

Peo Sjoblom

"John C" <johnc@stateofdenial wrote in message
See other post. No, they certainly aren't.
--
John C

"Peo Sjoblom" wrote:

They certainly are

Peo Sjoblom

"Lars-Åke Aspelin" wrote in message
On Wed, 13 Aug 2008 15:01:17 -0400, "Rick Rothstein \(MVP - VB\)"
wrote:

Here is an even shorter

=E7*INT(F7^.7)

Bravo!!! It is hard to imagine that a shorter one will be found.

1 less character...
=EVEN(F7)/2*E7

LOL... I stand corrected. Excellent!

Rick

=E7*INT(F7^.7)

=EVEN(F7)/2*E7

Are they not of the same length? What am I missing?

Lars-Åke