Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Peo Sjoblom[_2_] Peo Sjoblom[_2_] is offline

Default Get rid off double apostrophe

I believe if the data is imported it can be hard to get rid of the
apostrophe(s)/quotation mark(s) unless one uses
VBA or this method posted by Dave Peterson

Select the range (ctrl-a a few times to select all the cells)
Edit|Replace
what: (leave blank)
with: $$$$$
replace all

Immediately followed by:
Edit|Replace
what: $$$$$
with: (leave blank)
replace all

Maybe it will work for the OP's characters as well

Peo Sjoblom

"Rick Rothstein (MVP - VB)" wrote in
message ...
Hmm! I assumed the OP meant two apostrophes next to each other... it
didn't occur to me that she might have meant what everyone else calls a
quote mark when she said that. I would note, though, that the method I
posted will work for a quote mark as well as for two apostrophes next to
each other.

Rick

"Peo Sjoblom" wrote in message
What is a double apostrophe? Is it quotation marks, if so that is not
really the same as 2 apostrophes?

Peo Sjoblom

"Rick Rothstein (MVP - VB)" wrote
in message ...
When I call up the Replace dialog box (Edit/Replace on menu bar or key
in Ctrl+H), put a double apostrophe in the "Find what" field and leave
the "Replace with" field blank, and then click the "Replace All" button,
it works fine for me.

Rick

"Marina Tuttle" wrote in
message ...
From downloads I get a double apostrophe - impeding vlookups. I have
tried
to do a find and replace, doing a find and replacing for anything else.
It
will not work. I tried the right click tab editing and then it asks me
save the new file. The new title will not take and I cannot close the
file.