Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
EngelseBoer EngelseBoer is offline

Default EXCEL to MXL

oops yes i do mean XML... (it was getting late :) )

I do need the conversion too... i am trying to test uploading of data to a
DataBase
it will accept xml, but also accepts txt, cvs (whatever that is) ---but
everything i have tried fails
i spent several hours downloading several trial versions as i said... some
do some form of conversion, but when i try up-loading, i get the
auto-response "file empty or not in a recognised format"

anouther program took almost an hour to download - with all the other
extensions and software that is automatically downloaded to - though i never
requested it -- 10 minutes later i uninstalled it all - as it advertises
"converts excel to xml" but will not allow you to open an excel file ---
others, the company that sells it - gives it it's own extention .st for
soft touch -- their company name -- helps me nothing.

i am a green novice with these things - it is the 1st time i am trying
anything like this -- but i need to get it working --- for to manually enter
37,000 dogs to a Db - will take some doing -- so i am wasting many hours to
try save a million more

regards

"ward376" wrote:

Do you just want the extension .mxl, or do you need the file converted
to another format? If you just want the extension just enclose your
filename in double quotes in the save as dialog:

"book1.mxl"

You don't mean to say xml rather than mxl?

Cliff Edwards