Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
John C[_2_] John C[_2_] is offline

Default formula to add six months to date

If you have the Analysis Toolpak add-in (check under Tools--Add-Ins), then
there is a function called EDATE.
=EDATE(A1,6)
This function is particularly nice as it takes into account the end of month
ranges.
For example:
A1: =08/31/2007
B1: using EDATE, result is 02/29/08
C1: using other formula given, result is 03/02/08

--
John C

"lonedove288" wrote:

I haven't used Excel in a while but I need to figure a formula to change
dates by six month increments in several different columns. I can't, for the
life of me, remember how to make the formula for that. The spreadsheet is
like follows:

Name TCM date Next TCM Assess Date Next Assess Date and so on

I need the formula to update the Next TCM, Next Assess Date and so. I know
it's probably something simple and I'm just brain dead but any help would be
great.

Thanks