Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Steve Haack Steve Haack is offline

Default Conditional Formatting in XL2007

Biff,
I tried this, and it seems to work on some columns in the table, but not on
others. I was wondering, do I need to apply this conditional rule to each
individual cell in the column, and update the A1= at the beginning to point
to each specific cell (A1, A2, A3...etc) in each rule, or should it workby
applying the rule to the whole column?

I have applied the rule to the whole column, and it seems to work on some
columns, but not in others.

Thanks for the help,
Steve

"T. Valko" wrote:

Use the: Use a formula to determine which cells to format option.

Use a formula similar to this (this is for the range A1:A5):

=AND(A1=MIN(A$1:A$5),COUNTIF(A$1:A$5,A1)=1)

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Steve Haack" wrote in message
I have a table of numbers and I want to put a conditional formatting rule
on
each column to highlight the lowest number in the column (there is a built
in
rule for this and it works fine), but ONLY if it is unique (this is the
part
that I cannot figure out how to do).

Anyone know how to do that?

Steve