Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Ron Rosenfeld Ron Rosenfeld is offline

Default Lookup Function Not in Ascending Order

On Tue, 29 Jul 2008 06:36:00 -0700, Jessica Donadio
wrote:

Wow, forget that, right after I typed that I saw below my thread what the $
sign means before the cell. All is good.

I would still be curious about how this could be achieved through
index/match and what would be the advantages to doing so, but otherwise,
thank you all!

The advantage to index/match is that the lookup value does not need to be to
the left of, or above the returned value. Whereas with index/match, the lookup
value location is irrelevant.
--ron