Nige

Thanks for the thought Gary - but no, in fact the thing that alerted me to
the problem was a sheet I created which checks for and loads up the Toolpak
addins. I tried re-starting Excel and Windows and using new workbooks etc to
double check nothing I had open was affecting it. The confusing thing is
it's checked as loaded, and there's no error message, but no sign of any of
the functions... Only clue I can think of is that it's only just started
happening out of the blue, and there's a possibility other people have saved
the workbook (that needs the toolpak functions) as a previous version of
Excel - but this has never been a problem before.
Nige

"Gary Brown" wrote:

Just a thought,
Do you have any other add-ins running that may be re-setting the command bar
to it's default?
Gary Brown

"Nige" wrote:

I've added the Analysis Toolpak via Tools, Addins, yet Excel doesn't seem to
have loaded the addin. I don't have access to the toolpak's functions, and
the Data Analysis option doesn't appear on the Tools menu, suggesting it
hasn't been loaded up - yet the check box remains ticked in the Tools Addin
window. Any ideas why Excel doesn't seem to be recognising/loading the addin?