Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Roibn Taylor Roibn Taylor is offline

Default View Questions and Answer to questions I created

i did not think of typing my name in the search field. Thanks it worked
perfectly
--
Thanks for the help in advance

"Arlen" wrote:

The original message you wrote in Dec '05?

Or the one about VLOOKUP?

I clicked your name in the question window and then clicked 'Recent Posts by
this user' in the window that popped up and got a list of 6 questions you
started since 2005.

Here's the text of the latest...

Not a problem, thanks for the feedback :)
--
John C

"Roibn Taylor" wrote:

worked perfectly thank you, i should have thought of this before as i used
the formula before a while back
Thanks again
--
Thanks for the help in advance

"John C" wrote:

Assuming your main table is in columns A through C.
E2 is the lab lookup, F2 is the dept lookup.
Expand or retract table as necessary.

=SUMPRODUCT(--($A$1:$A$100=E2),--($B$1:$B$100=F2),($C$1:$C$100))

--
John C

"Roibn L Taylor" wrote:

have three columns - data changes, need to find matching data if two of the
match the criteria

Data and Rows changes Find matching FTE data
if no match enter a zero
Lab & Dept stay constant
Lab Dept FTE Lab Dept FTE Answers
14 10 3.04 16 10 Need 5.45