Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Jan Bolluyt Jan Bolluyt is offline

Default VLOOKUP and HLOOKUP

Hi, Mike
This formula worked for me ( in this case, in cell D5)

=INDEX($F$4:$Q$20, MATCH(B5,$F$4:$F$20,), MATCH(C5,$F$4:$Q$4,))

Your weight would be in B5 and your height in C5, the table would be an
array from F4 to Q20

Hope this helps,

JB

"Mike M" wrote in message
Here is the scenario. I have a record with two values, for example: Height
and weight.

I need to reference a grid of data with standard heights on the Y axis
(first column) and standards weights across the top on the horizontal X axis
(row). Where the two intersect, going down then across (or vice versa) is
the value I need to retrieve.