Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
LeahT LeahT is offline

Default selecting multiple cells in Excel 2007

I have noticed that my previous observation regarding the layout view has
been spot on every time I have this issue. A co-worker had also mentioned the
issue and I instructed her to try scrolling so that only one page showed on
the screen and it resolved the issue for her as well.

I am not sure if anyone else has noticed that this is only happening in
layout view or not because there weren't any responses to my previous post. I
have noticed though that this is when it happens for me and those in my
office and that the fix is simply to make sure there is only one page showing
at a time when in layout view.

I would love to know if others have found this to be the case as well.

" wrote:

I've been having this a lot recently (Technika MINIMSE02, so I don't
think it's a mouse issue).

Changing the zoom level seems to fix it each and every time, so I'd
say it's a click detection issue - Excel believes I'm selecting a
wider area than I am.