Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Jon Peltier Jon Peltier is offline

Default Chart Option "Sized with Window" in XL 2007 ??

Yep, that's gone too.

Positive changes to the charts in 2007 are minimal. These include the
ability to choose a log base other than 10 for a log scale axis (minimally
useful) and the ability to format the lines connecting points and the error
bars to show an arrowhead.

Negative changes to the charts in 2007 are plentiful. No size with window,
no goal seek (dragging a point to change the underlying data). Less
efficient interface (dialogs and ribbon tabs) for editing charts. Loss of
F4/Repeat Last Action for all but the most insignificant changes.

Some things were lost, and while I don't miss them other people do. Loss of
custom built-in chart types from the UI. Loss of fill patters from the UI.

Some things were gained, and while I don't consider them worthy additions,
other like them. The extensive enhancements to chart element formatting
comes to mind. Big whoop, now your charts can have twice as much junk as
ever before, rivaling Dundas and ChartFX.

All in all, upgrading is a step down. I use Excel 2003 for all of my own
work. I use Excel 2007 because many clients have switched (some have
switched back), but I keep it sequestered in its own VirtualPC session.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
_______

"monir" wrote in message
Hi Jon,

Thank you for the info.
FYI. I've just been advised by VoG II, MrExcel MVP, that moving a data
point
on XY-chart is also no longer available in XL 2007!!

I'm sure there're many other and probably more serious features/options
removed in XL 2007, which make one wonders if the conversion is really
worth
the effort!

Regards.

"Jon Peltier" wrote:

This option is unfortunately no longer available in Excel 2007.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
_______

"monir" wrote in message
Hello;

Could someone please advise on where to find the chart option "Sized
with
Window" in XL 2007 ?
I've tried under "View", "Chart Tools", "Format", "Layout", "Help",
etc.
with no luck!
In XL 2003, the chart option is under "View".

Thank you.