Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default how can i use cond formating to colour an entire column?

Sully,

Select the cells (the column of your table) that you want to change color, and then use a formula (a
formula that returns TRUE or FALSE) that refers to cell D2 (using the address D$2, so that it
doesn't automatically update for each row) like

=D$2.5

HTH,
Bernie
MS Excel MVP

"Sully" wrote in message
I have used conditional formating to highlight a cell in my table, but I
would like the entire column to be highlighted.

e.g Table has

NAME TARGET ACTUAL PERCENT TO TARGET

MR O 450 300 66.6%

I can highlight Cell D2 (percent to target) using cond format, but can i
make the entire colum change colour?