Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Rick Rothstein \(MVP - VB\)[_923_] Rick Rothstein \(MVP - VB\)[_923_] is offline

Default Converting from 12-hour to 24-hour format

What equations are you trying to use them in? If your times are real Excel
times, then the format of those numbers usually will not matter in a
calculation.

Rick

"Nathan" wrote in message
Hi - Does Excel have a function for converting 12-hour time entries to
24-hour time entires? I have staff keeping track of "wait time" for an
event
and I need the data in 24 hour format for equations. This doesn't always
happen.

Also, they will occasionally use ctrl-shift-; to enter the time, but I
think
it enters in 12-hour format. Is there a shortcut for 24-hour format?

Thanks,
Nathan