Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
michelle michelle is offline

Default Filter Data From Master Sheet Into Other Worksheets

I am currently working with a master worksheet that contains a list of
positions throughout a company. One of the columns contains the department
in which these positions are available. I would like to create additional
worksheets in my excel document that will only show the positions for a
specific department. Is there a formula that I can use to copy the
appropriate data over to the other spreadsheets that I am trying to create.
Also, I need something that will continually update as I update the master
spreadsheet. The traditional copy and paste of the fields isn't working
because the information changes in the fields every time the master list is
sorted.

My spreadsheet contains data in column a to i and the departments are listed
in column c. The data goes from row 1 to 140, but may expand over time.
Column C contains the value that I need to use to filter the information into
the other spreadsheets that I am trying to create.

Example:

Any help on this will be appreciated.