George

Julie - I got it to work but the background changes color only for the
current month. What I am trying to do is turn the background red 60 days
prior to the current date and include the current month..

Should this formula make that happen ?

Thanks

"JulieD" wrote:

Hi George

okay, select E5:E44
and then ensure that row 5 is the first row that you can see at the top of
your worksheet .. then
choose format / conditional formatting
choose
formula is
type
=AND($E5=TODAY()-60,$E5<=TODAY())
click Format .. .set your formatting
OK twice

does this work better?
if not ... zip up the workbook and email it to me at julied_ng at hcts dot
net dot au;

--
Cheers
JulieD
"George" wrote in message
Julie - I tried the formula and I can't get it to work. When I type in
your
steps the entire column the background changes to Red ( Which I selected )
regardless of the date.My column is E5:E44

Thanks - George

"JulieD" wrote:

let us know how you go

"George" wrote in message
Thanks - will give it a try

"JulieD" wrote:

Hi George

to make it change colours you can use Conditional Formatting - select
your
dates - ensure that the first date is at the top (and visible) of your
worksheet
choose format /conditional formatting
choose formula is
type
=AND($A2=TODAY()-60,$A2<=TODAY())
where A2 is the first date in your range
click on Format
choose a formatting - background fill colours are under "pattern"
click OK twice

--
Cheers
JulieD
"George" wrote in message
On my spread sheet I have a cell to indicate testing due dates - Is
there
way to make that cell flash or change colors 60 days prior to the
current
date ?