Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
John C[_2_] John C[_2_] is offline

Default Referencing Cells in a Summary page

First, you can use the 3D reference, if you go to EXCEL-HELP, and search for
3D Reference, it will give you a detailed instruction on how to enter the
formula.

Secondly, is a method I prefer, especially when the actual sheet names have
meaning and will appear on the Summary sheet (i.e.: a list of the totals for
each sheet followed by the overall total).

For example, assume column A on summary sheet will have sheet name, and
column B is where you want the desired data from each sheet to appear, cell
E20 from all the other sheets is where you are pulling your data from.

Col A. Col B.

Row 2 Totals =sum(b3:b100)
Row 3 Data1 =INDIRECT("'"&A3&"'!"&$E$20)
Row 4 Data2 (You would edit fill down as needed
etc.

Note: The indirect formula has a single quote (apostraphe) in between the 2
double quotes at the beginning and another single quote just before the
exclamation mark. The sheet name entered in column A, must, of course, match
the actual sheet name exactly, including spaces.

--
John C

"Katintn" wrote:

I am working on a budget spreadsheet, with multiple worksheets, I have a
Summary sheet in front and need to keep the Summary totals to be the running
balance from each of the other worksheets... How do I formulate that to
pickup each cell each time a running balance cell changes?

THANKS