Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
RagDyeR RagDyeR is offline

Default To display number in text format in cells

The General format will default to scientific notation when the digits
exceed 11.

Thanks for the feed-back.

RD

"Man T" wrote in message
I'm assuming, perhaps incorrectly, that the OP is *primarily* concerned
with
displaying *all* the digits.

Off the top of my head, I can't immediately see a difference between the
2,
except for default left or right justification.
Or ... maybe not totaling with the Sum() function.

Yes, I just want to display the whole string of numbers as string or text
but not the exponential format.

The reason is the cell will contain a barcode or serial number that is all
numerics.