Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Pimamedic Pimamedic is offline

Default Creating a sheet for inventory

Can you send me an email address to send you example file

"Dam1120" wrote:

I've been trying to input the formula but it comes back saying name or value
or true. Not sure what I am doing wrong?

"Pimamedic" wrote:

IN F col what is used update it as items are used If you want a running list
then copy all down on worksheet

"DAM1120" wrote:

Okay so it should look like this =SUM(f1-g1+h1) but there is nothing on yours
to point to your F (what is used)? I also added that col sincwe I didnt have
one. Is that what I should do?
Thanks

"Pimamedic" wrote:

C is quantity in stock
D is ordered
E Received
F is used

"DAM1120" wrote:

Hi and thank you. To make sure I understand you since I am new to excel. On
my sheet C is the part # and F is the Quantity instock. So I still put your
formular in that way on line 1 of Col C? The numbers start on line 3 so again
I put your formula on line 1 of col C?

"Pimamedic" wrote:

In c1 use =sum(c1-f1+e1)

Where F1 is quantity used

"dam1120b" wrote:

Oh here is what the sheet will look like:
Date Part Quantity in Stock Ordered Quantity Received

6/25 Sequence 0 5 2

Of course there are more colls but to save space I posted the ones that I
need to add to and subtract from. I can email my created sheet if someone
wants to look at it to see what I am creating.
Thanks

"dam1120b" wrote:

Hi all please help me out. I am new at excel. I need to create a sheet to log
in our inventory and be able to add to it when we get parts in and subtract
from it when the techs take parts. Is there a way to do this?
Thanks and sory to sound stupid.