Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default Creating a sheet for inventory

Hi all please help me out. I am new at excel. I need to create a sheet to log
in our inventory and be able to add to it when we get parts in and subtract
from it when the techs take parts. Is there a way to do this?
Thanks and sory to sound stupid.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Oh here is what the sheet will look like:
Date Part Quantity in Stock Ordered Quantity Received

6/25 Sequence 0 5 2

Of course there are more colls but to save space I posted the ones that I
need to add to and subtract from. I can email my created sheet if someone
wants to look at it to see what I am creating.
Thanks

"dam1120b" wrote:

Hi all please help me out. I am new at excel. I need to create a sheet to log
in our inventory and be able to add to it when we get parts in and subtract
from it when the techs take parts. Is there a way to do this?
Thanks and sory to sound stupid.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Hi and thank you. To make sure I understand you since I am new to excel. On
my sheet C is the part # and F is the Quantity instock. So I still put your
formular in that way on line 1 of Col C? The numbers start on line 3 so again
I put your formula on line 1 of col C?

"Pimamedic" wrote:

In c1 use =sum(c1-f1+e1)

Where F1 is quantity used

"dam1120b" wrote:

Oh here is what the sheet will look like:
Date Part Quantity in Stock Ordered Quantity Received

"dam1120b" wrote:

Hi all please help me out. I am new at excel. I need to create a sheet to log
in our inventory and be able to add to it when we get parts in and subtract
from it when the techs take parts. Is there a way to do this?
Thanks and sory to sound stupid.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

C is quantity in stock
D is ordered
E Received
F is used

"DAM1120" wrote:

Hi and thank you. To make sure I understand you since I am new to excel. On
my sheet C is the part # and F is the Quantity instock. So I still put your
formular in that way on line 1 of Col C? The numbers start on line 3 so again
I put your formula on line 1 of col C?

"Pimamedic" wrote:

In c1 use =sum(c1-f1+e1)

Where F1 is quantity used

"dam1120b" wrote:

Oh here is what the sheet will look like:
Date Part Quantity in Stock Ordered Quantity Received

"dam1120b" wrote:

Hi all please help me out. I am new at excel. I need to create a sheet to log
in our inventory and be able to add to it when we get parts in and subtract
from it when the techs take parts. Is there a way to do this?
Thanks and sory to sound stupid.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Okay so it should look like this =SUM(f1-g1+h1) but there is nothing on yours
to point to your F (what is used)? I also added that col sincwe I didnt have
one. Is that what I should do?
Thanks

"Pimamedic" wrote:

C is quantity in stock
D is ordered
E Received
F is used

"DAM1120" wrote:

Hi and thank you. To make sure I understand you since I am new to excel. On
my sheet C is the part # and F is the Quantity instock. So I still put your
formular in that way on line 1 of Col C? The numbers start on line 3 so again
I put your formula on line 1 of col C?

"Pimamedic" wrote:

In c1 use =sum(c1-f1+e1)

Where F1 is quantity used

"dam1120b" wrote:

Oh here is what the sheet will look like:
Date Part Quantity in Stock Ordered Quantity Received

"dam1120b" wrote:

Hi all please help me out. I am new at excel. I need to create a sheet to log
in our inventory and be able to add to it when we get parts in and subtract
from it when the techs take parts. Is there a way to do this?
Thanks and sory to sound stupid.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

IN F col what is used update it as items are used If you want a running list
then copy all down on worksheet

"DAM1120" wrote:

Okay so it should look like this =SUM(f1-g1+h1) but there is nothing on yours
to point to your F (what is used)? I also added that col sincwe I didnt have
one. Is that what I should do?
Thanks

"Pimamedic" wrote:

C is quantity in stock
D is ordered
E Received
F is used

"DAM1120" wrote:

Hi and thank you. To make sure I understand you since I am new to excel. On
my sheet C is the part # and F is the Quantity instock. So I still put your
formular in that way on line 1 of Col C? The numbers start on line 3 so again
I put your formula on line 1 of col C?

"Pimamedic" wrote:

In c1 use =sum(c1-f1+e1)

Where F1 is quantity used

"dam1120b" wrote:

Oh here is what the sheet will look like:
Date Part Quantity in Stock Ordered Quantity Received

"dam1120b" wrote:

Hi all please help me out. I am new at excel. I need to create a sheet to log
in our inventory and be able to add to it when we get parts in and subtract
from it when the techs take parts. Is there a way to do this?
Thanks and sory to sound stupid.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

I've been trying to input the formula but it comes back saying name or value
or true. Not sure what I am doing wrong?

"DAM1120" wrote:

Okay so it should look like this =SUM(f1-g1+h1) but there is nothing on yours
to point to your F (what is used)? I also added that col sincwe I didnt have
one. Is that what I should do?
Thanks

"Pimamedic" wrote:

C is quantity in stock
D is ordered
E Received
F is used

"DAM1120" wrote:

Hi and thank you. To make sure I understand you since I am new to excel. On
my sheet C is the part # and F is the Quantity instock. So I still put your
formular in that way on line 1 of Col C? The numbers start on line 3 so again
I put your formula on line 1 of col C?

"Pimamedic" wrote:

In c1 use =sum(c1-f1+e1)

Where F1 is quantity used

"dam1120b" wrote:

Oh here is what the sheet will look like:
Date Part Quantity in Stock Ordered Quantity Received

"dam1120b" wrote:

Hi all please help me out. I am new at excel. I need to create a sheet to log
in our inventory and be able to add to it when we get parts in and subtract
from it when the techs take parts. Is there a way to do this?
Thanks and sory to sound stupid.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Can you send me an email address to send you example file

"DAM1120" wrote:

Okay so it should look like this =SUM(f1-g1+h1) but there is nothing on yours
to point to your F (what is used)? I also added that col sincwe I didnt have
one. Is that what I should do?
Thanks

"Pimamedic" wrote:

C is quantity in stock
D is ordered
E Received
F is used

"DAM1120" wrote:

Hi and thank you. To make sure I understand you since I am new to excel. On
my sheet C is the part # and F is the Quantity instock. So I still put your
formular in that way on line 1 of Col C? The numbers start on line 3 so again
I put your formula on line 1 of col C?

"Pimamedic" wrote:

In c1 use =sum(c1-f1+e1)

Where F1 is quantity used

"dam1120b" wrote:

Oh here is what the sheet will look like:
Date Part Quantity in Stock Ordered Quantity Received

"dam1120b" wrote:

Hi all please help me out. I am new at excel. I need to create a sheet to log
in our inventory and be able to add to it when we get parts in and subtract
from it when the techs take parts. Is there a way to do this?
Thanks and sory to sound stupid.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Take Pimamedic up on getting an example file from him. That'll get you
started.

Remember that in the quantity received and quantity used columns you'll need
to keep undating to include previous entries for the balance on hand to
remain accurate. That is, if you had previously used 5 items and later use
3, you'll have to enter 8 as the quantity used to keep the inventory straight.

While Excel can be used to manage an inventory list, it's not the best or
easiest tool for the job. I just finished up the second of two inventory
management tools for a company and we created them in Excel, and it took some
doing to keep track of it all. But these also track date and quantity of
both received materials and used materials.

P.S. No need to apologize about your level of Excel knowledge - if we all
knew everything, we could shut this board and few hundred thousand others
down later this afternoon :-)