Rob

Thanks Don and Duke. And the winner is......

I really appreciate your input and will trial both to see what works best in
my situation. Thanks for spending time to provide the best solution!

Rob

"Duke Carey" wrote in message
True

"Don Guillett" wrote:

and my method should be even quicker

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"Duke Carey" wrote in message
Rob -

While my earlier post contained code for selecting each cell in the
group,
VBA code works much faster if you do not select cells. And the fact is

that
rarely do you need to select a cell to accomplish your goal.

In this case, you may simply need to create your formula in VBA, using

R1C1
references, assign the formula to the range of cells, then convert each

cell
to a value like so, which doesn't select ANY cells and work very, very

fast

With range("FormulaRange")
.FormulaR1C1 = "=rc[-1]"
For Each cc In range("FormulaRange")
cc.Formula = cc.Value
Next
End With

"Rob" wrote:

I'm trying to select a series of ranges to
1. paste a named formula I've created and then
2. remove the formula & leave the value

What I have so far is shown below, but I'm sure there must be a
better

way.
The problem seems to be that I can't use the copy function in a
multiple
range. I guess I can't paste xlValues to multiple ranges either, so
I'm
being forced to handle each range, one at a time, which seems rather
cumbersome.

Sub Macro1()

Range("G8:R45,G50:R59,G63:R110,G114:R121,G114:R122 ,G126:R134").Select
Selection = "=ITNBudgetFormula"
Range("G8:R45").Select
Range("G8:R45").Copy
Selection.PasteSpecial Paste:=xlValues