Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Andrew Ball[_2_] Andrew Ball[_2_] is offline

Default How do I set my "Insert" key as a paste command shortcut in Ex

Thanks, I had a go, but I think its beyond me, I kept getting error messages,
I'm not really into programming at the level you seem to be so I'm not sure I
was doing it right!
Andrew

"Paul D. Simon" wrote:

First enter the following code into a module of your workbook (or a
module in your Personal.xls to have available to all workbooks):

Sub AssignInsertKey()
Application.OnKey "{INSERT}", "Paste"
End Sub

Sub Paste()
ActiveSheet.Paste
End Sub

Now run just the AssignInsertKey macro. (The AssignInsertKey macro
will automatically initiate the Paste macro.)

Now whenever you do a Copy, all you have to do is hit the Insert Key,
and whatever you copied will be pasted into whatever cell you're in
when you hit Insert