Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
LeahT LeahT is offline

Default selecting multiple cells in Excel 2007

Okay...sooooo I have noticed something new with this phenomina...I am not
sure about anyone else...but it only happens to me in "Page Layout" view. The
most likely time for it to happen is when I have two pages (ie: page 1 and 2)
both visable on my screen at the same time...for example, I am getting close
to the end of page 1 and my screen scrolls up to reveal the top of page
2...it will suddenly start happening them. If I scroll the page back up to
only show page 1 on the screen...it stops happening.

Let me know if anyone else experiences this. I am starting to think there is
a tiny clitch in the "Page Layout" view.

"Legallisa - switching from WordPerfect" wrote:

"LeahT" wrote:

As a side note...I have noticed that if I use the arrow keys to select one
cell and then hit "ctrl-c" and copy it somewhere. That usually resolves the
issue for a while! (dunno...I am doing a lot of copying though...half a row
copied to a different row seems to fix it if I use the arrows and
"shift-arrow" to select.)

" wrote:

I have the same problem. I can sometimes make it go away by closing
the document or by switching to another view. It shows up
sporadically regardless of what file is open. Very irritating.

On Apr 17, 4:43 pm, pianist38
wrote:
I am having the very same problem. I use an LX5 Logitech mouse. The zoom
level sometimes eliminates the multiple row selection... sometimes merely
changes the number of rows the click selects. Aggravating, 'tis!

~Sarah Lynn~

"Rick Rothstein (MVP - VB)" wrote:

I still wonder what is behind this as I cannot make it happen here at all. I
tried several new and old documents, some for XL2003 and others from XL2007,
and single clicks are single clicks no matter what zoom level I am set at. I
wonder if it is mouse driver related in some way. I am using a Logitech
mouse (G7 if that matters) and I do not have the problem. Why don't those
having the problem post the mouse you are using... perhaps if they are all
the same mouse (driver), then that company could be approached to solve the
problem. If the mouse (drivers) differ in any way, then stop posting as that
would not be what the problem is.

Rick

wrote in message
Try changing the zoom to 100%. I had mine at 110% it happened. Then
100%, no longer happened!!!!- Hide quoted text -

OK all you MVPs, figure this out for us!!! This is happening to me too, on
almost all files. Driving me crazy. I thought I might have accidently hit
F8 or SHFT F8 but that wasn't it.