Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Jon Peltier Jon Peltier is offline

Default sub forms in excel?

This is actually what I was describing, but you've clarified the layout.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
_______

"JLatham" <HelpFrom @ Jlathamsite.com.(removethis) wrote in message
jackrobyn1 - In looking at your original question again, I get the
impression
that we may not need a big form with several subforms. You asked
"...enter
data into 4 worksheets from the same on screen form, depending on which
subform i enter data into".

What if we phrased it differently: "can you enter data into (up to) 4
worksheets from the same on screen form, depending on WHICH CONTROLS ON
THE
FORM I enter data into". At that simple level, the answer is a very
resounding YES - and reasonably easy to accomplish.

Would the way I phrased the question provide a solution for you? The big
form could have indicators showing that if you enter information into
various
groups of controls on the form, then the information would be placed
somewhere on a particular worksheet. This could be done. The things to
work
out are what information you need to be entering on the form and where it
is
to go onto the various worksheets: into specific cells that may always be
the
same on a sheet, or into a new row on a sheet, or some combination of
those
types of things.

"jackrobyn1" wrote:

is it possible to have 4 subforms embeded in 1 big form in excel like
access
does? in other words i can enter data into 4 worksheets from the same on
screen form depending on which subform i enter data into.

If it is possible are there any sites i can go to to see examples of how
its
done?

thanks