Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
willy willy is offline

Default Sorting a date by month, date and then year.

If you have lots of data

Also consider using FILTER

In Excel 07 it with AUTO FILTER it has some default options to choose months
when you go into CUSTOM . Click on the arrows on the title cells.

"David Biddulph" wrote:

Use helper columns, such as =MONTH(A2), =DAY(A2), =YEAR(A2)
Select the whole range including original data and helper columns, then sort
by the helper columns in your chosen order.
--
David Biddulph

"drosh" wrote in message
I have a list that I exported to Excel that has a name and date of birth
(only 2 columns). I want to sort the list by month, dated and then year.
When I try sorting the list, it always sorts by the year. Do I have to
put
in some sort of function to make is sort this way?