Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Rebecca Rebecca is offline

Default Simple Keyboard Maneuver

Thanks, Roger, but slow as I am I know that keystrokes. I need a faster way
to do this (since it's a large spreadsheet). I'll try Mike's macro, then
designate a hotkey, and that would eliminate a few strokes.

"Roger Govier" wrote:

Hi Rebecca

Without using a macro.
Place your cursor in source cellControl+X
Place your cursor in destination cellControl+V

--
Regards
Roger Govier

"Rebecca" wrote in message
I tried to make a macro to do this, but I failed.

I need to do this: in the same row I want to copy the contents of one cell
and then copy the same contents into the next cell to the right, and then
delete the contents in the left cell.

I have tried various keystrokes, but it doesn't seem to work. Is there any
way this can be automated? Of course using a macro would be nice, but as I
said I couldn't get it to do even this simple task. Could someone please
give
me some advice? Also, I am incapable of writing a macro from scratch.

To repeat: copy the contents of a cell, paste the contents in the next
cell
(to the right), and delete the contents of the first / left cell.