Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Argus Rogue Argus Rogue is offline

Default Read Input file and highlight matches in excel

Hello All,

I was wondering if it was possible to read a text input file and compare
that list to see if it exists in excel. If it does, can we highlight the
entire row. This way, I can delete the un-lighted rows. The row that we
want to compare or match is in Column A.

Example:

Text Input file:
---------------
OR-MyTestfile
OR-StateofUnion
OR-WhereAreYouFrom

Excel Spreadsheet
--------------------
A B C
1 OR-MyTestFile FileName Location Size
2 OR-YourNameIs FirstName EastWing 10mb
3 OR-StateofUnion WhichState City Zipcode
4 OR-HowOldAreYou Age DOD Year
5 OR-WhereAreYouFrom Born Date Time

With the above example, the following ENTIRE ROW if possible, would be
highlighted (1,3,5)

Side note:
The Input text file is created by manually extracting those names from
muttilple sources.

End Results:
Only keep those rows that are highlighted

Any and all help in this matter is greatly appreciated.