Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
ambanmba ambanmba is offline

Default traffic light in excel

The easiest way is to use the Harvey Balls font (available for free at:
http://www.ambor.com/public/hb/harveyballs.html

This will let you make the underlying status a number (which you can create
with a formula or just by typing it in) and then that will automatically
display the corresponding traffic light. With some conditional formating you
can do colours, etc. as well.

ambanmba

"Lumar" wrote:

drop down election (using wing-dings) for "status", and thought I could
create a colourized wing-ding list to do so - but display within the drop
downs doesn't show the symbols (but rather the "text" equivalent) even when /
if I change the cell's font to wingdings. Am I asking too much?