Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
AnnArborBrian AnnArborBrian is offline

Default Conditional Result based on Multiple Columns

Thanks for the quick response. Let me simplify and clarify this.

I will reduce it to two columns:

Partnered Partner
on Brand X Direct

G4:G750 H4:H750
0 0
1 0
0 1

If both columns are 0 it is a Company Direct Account and I want a statement
in Column I stating "Company Direct"

If column G is 1, then it is a "Partnered on Brand X" Account, and I want a
statement in Column I stating "Partnered" Account.

If column H is 1, then it is a "Patner Direct" Account, and I want a
statement in Column I stating "Partner Direct"

I am hoping this is straight forward, and appreciate your assistance.

"Reitanos" wrote:

I'm not sure what you're trying to get in the result.
I think you're trying to do this:
=IF(SUM(C5:E5)=0,"Company Direct, Partnered on Brand Y, Partnered on
Brand X, Partner Direct","")

But, is the Y and X info coming from somewhere? If so, I'll pretend
that it is stored in F5 and G5 and it would look more like this:
=IF(SUM(C5:E5)=0,"Company Direct, Partnered on "&F5&", Partnered on
"&G5&", Partner Direct","")

On May 9, 4:23 pm, AnnArborBrian
wrote:
I have 3 conditions defined across 3 columns of data, each with 0's or 1's
depending on partnership status of an account. If all three conditions /
columns are 0, then it is a company direct account. I want to consolidate
the date into 1 column (Company Direct, Partnered on Brand Y, Partnered on
Brand X, Partner Direct).

Would someone please suggest a formula for this, I rarely work with Excel
and it is a Friday . . .