Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Number Format?

Are you sure, Rick? What effect does that have when the formula gives a
text result?
--
David Biddulph

"Rick Rothstein (MVP - VB)" wrote in
message ...
If you want to physically round the value to one decimal place (that is,
reduce its accuracy), then you have your answer in the other postings in
this thread. However, if you only want to display it to one decimal place,
but keep its full accuracy (perhaps for other calculations), then leave
keep your formula but Custom Format the cell (right click the cell and
select Format Cells) using 0.0 as the pattern.

Rick

"gb_S49" wrote in message
I have entered the following in cell A1 ="Average "&AVERAGE(D:D)
and the value I get is Average 47.247619047619.
How can I round down to 1 decimal place?
I have tried number format but it does not make a difference
:-(