Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Rita Brasher Rita Brasher is offline

Default Trendline Issues

Ok Andy,
In all of my frustration, I realized I didn't have labels assigned to my
secondary axis. As soon as I assigned the labels, my trendline showed
up. Sooo I thought I'd figured it out and was showing my coworkers with
the same issue my fix. When one girl opened her file, she already had
both axis labels defined and no second trendline. When she deleted the
labels for the secondary axis, not only did her trendline show up, but
all 5 of them she tried to add were showing.

When I went back to another chart where I had both axis labels and
deleted my secondary ones, I could add see my trendline. I don't know
when these issues started, but I'm wondering now if an automatic update
somewhere along the way has caused a bug here...

At any rate, I at least have a work-around and will do what I can to
report it to Microsoft (do they even listen??)

Thanks for taking the time to look into this for me...
Rita

Andy Pope wrote:
Hi,

I tested in xl2000 but see the same thing in xl2003.
If you want to email me the file off-line I will take a look,

andy AT andypope DOT info

Cheers
Andy