Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson Dave Peterson is offline

Default Drop down and cell values

Maybe your list is different from what's found in the range???

Any extra (leading/trailing/embedded) spaces?

How about those HTML non-breaking spaces???

Gard wrote:

I have created a worksheet with an limited array of text values in the cells
and set up a sequence of COUNTIF formula in an adjoining part of the sheet to
count the occurrences of the particular text values which works well.
However, when I change the text input cells to dropdowns sourced from a
list/range in another part of the sheet the COUNTIF formulae cease to work
and merely give me a value of zero.

--

Dave Peterson