Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Gord Dibben Gord Dibben is offline

Default format function

Probably means "go to format in the toolbar and click on cells" as in

FormatCells

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Wed, 30 Apr 2008 14:33:27 -0700 (PDT), Spiky wrote:

On Apr 30, 1:43 pm, fhl wrote:
I'm in excel 2000. I have no protection set on the sheet or workbook; nor
any conditional formatting in the cells. I select a range of cells that I
want to format, when I go to format in the toolbar and click on cells nothing
happens. Any ideas on what to look for to allow "format" to be functional
would be appreciated.

What do you mean by "go to format in the toolbar and click on cells"?