Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gord Dibben Gord Dibben is offline

Default capitalize first letter automatically

Thanks Bob.

I tested with .qwerty but not with .<spaceqwerty.

Live and learn.

Gord

On Wed, 30 Apr 2008 16:55:56 -0500, Bob I wrote:

Solved. It simply capitalizes the first character after a ". " (period
space combo. Still doesn't know what a "sentence" is. ;-)

Gord Dibben wrote:

But it will capitalize the first word after a full stop.

Type qwerty. asdfgh and Excel will change it to qwerty. Asdfgh

Strange doin's

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Wed, 30 Apr 2008 08:46:56 -0500, Bob I wrote:

The option is "Capitalize first letter of sentences". Excel doesn't have
a concept of "sentences".

raft wrote:

i tried tools menue- autocorrect options - autocorrect - captalize first
letter.. but it didn't work