Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Mike H. Mike H. is offline

Default Named Ranges Disappearing in Excel 2007

I don't know if it reappears because a user will get an error message and I
have to immediately re-insert the named range in order for the macro to run.
The cells remain and the "title" to the left of the cells and the data in the
cell that represented the named range all remain. Instead of the cell being
a named range, it is now just a cell, so to speak.

"Jon Peltier" wrote:

Does a missing name ever reappear later? Does the name itself disappear, or
does the range it refers to disappear (i.e., it is deleted) leaving behind
#REF! errors?

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
_______

"Mike H." wrote in message
No, they are not hidden. The named ranges are utilized for a while and
then
just disappear later. No rhyme or reason to how long before one will
disappear. And often it is the same one that "disappears" from time to
time.

"Jon Peltier" wrote:

Are the names converted to hidden names? Get Jan Karel's Name Manager to
help you work with names:

http://jkp-ads.com

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
_______

"Mike H." wrote in message
When I converted the .xls file to .xlsm, I had to change a couple named
ranges. The current named ranges that "drop off" are long descriptive
names
like "FirstInputInfo" or "ProcessingOn" or things like that. The same
ones
seem to "drop off" from time-to-time also. I have read of others
having
this
problem but no one has offered a solution. I don't know how to report
it
Microsoft either.