JulieD

Hi

according to excel limits and specifications the number of worksheets in a
workbook is
"Limited by available memory (default is 3 sheets)" ... i can't even imagine
a workbook with 500 sheets let alone 1000 - "too many eggs in one basket" if
you ask me.

not sure what to suggest here, other than to see if you can split the
workbook up somehow. Also if you wanted to 'mass' generate worksheets, you
could do this via code and name them as you create them. If you'ld like
assistance doing this, please advise on the number of sheets you want and
how they are to be named, and the name of the current sheet you want to
copy.

--
Cheers
JulieD
....well i'm working on it anyway
"Hoosier Refiner" <Hoosier wrote in
message ...
have a workbook with 500 spreadsheets. Have one template and using
CTRL-SHIFT to copy template to new spreadsheets. Worked good till
yesterday.
Now CTRL-SHIFT kicks me out with error message every time. Can "insert'
new
sheets and 'copy-paste' template.
1. Am I at the 'limit' of sheets in this work book?
2. What is max number of sheets per work book?
3. Why has CTRL-SHIFT failed now?
4. Is there a 'faster-easier' way to create blank templates? Need 1,000
or
so.

Thanks!