Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson Dave Peterson is offline

Default Showing "0.00" for formula results

Maybe you could modify the formula:

If you have to have column A and column B in your calculations, you could use:

=if(or(a1="",b1=""),"",a1+b1)
(for instance)

(If either is blank, then show blank. Else do the add.

kate_suzanne wrote:

I have a feeling that this is a simple thing...yet I have spent too much time
already trying to figure out this "simple" thing.

I have a simple purchase order document set up in Excel 2007. I have a
formula in the total cost column that essentially multiples the quantity by
the unit cost. I would like the total cost cell for each item to appear
blank (yet not remove the formula) if there is nothing entered into the cell
for that particular row; however, now, if there is no quantity or unit price
entered, the result shows as "0.00." How do I change that view...I can't get
those zeros to disappear without deleting the formula as well.

Thanks!

--

Dave Peterson