Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
T. Valko T. Valko is offline

Default Showing "0.00" for formula results

Try something like this....

Test the quantity cell to make sure there is in fact an entry. If no
quantity is entered leave the total cost cell blank:

=IF(COUNT(A1),A1*B1,"")

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"kate_suzanne" wrote in message
I have a feeling that this is a simple thing...yet I have spent too much
time
already trying to figure out this "simple" thing.

I have a simple purchase order document set up in Excel 2007. I have a
formula in the total cost column that essentially multiples the quantity
by
the unit cost. I would like the total cost cell for each item to appear
blank (yet not remove the formula) if there is nothing entered into the
cell
for that particular row; however, now, if there is no quantity or unit
price
entered, the result shows as "0.00." How do I change that view...I can't
get
those zeros to disappear without deleting the formula as well.

Thanks!