Dave Peterson

And Kassie brings up another good point.

Do you have a macro or a name (like a range name) or a module name of DateDif.
If you do (or did), maybe you're confusing excel.

Does the formula work in a brand new workbook?

Does the formula work in a brand new workbook when you start excel in safe mode?

close excel
windows start button|Run
excel /safe

type in your formula and see what happens????

PhilS wrote:

Here is the formula that I have been using for over two years.
=DATEDIF("12/31/2004",(TODAY()),"d")
I was using this with XLS 2000 through Office 2K with WIN 2K. I saved my
application on disk, reformatted the drive, installed XP Pro. Then
reinstalled Office 2000. Then brought my application back from disk to the
Spreadsheet folder that I use and in every instance where the formula is
located I get the #NAME error. On the same machine I also have Office 2003. I
get the same error in both of the versions of office. Thanks again for your
help.
PhilS
"Dave Peterson" wrote:

=datedif() in the worksheet
datediff in VBA

My bet it isn't your function (=datedif()), it's something else in the formula.

You may want to post the whole formula if you can't isolate the problem.

PhilS wrote:

I have used the =DateDif function in the past. I recently had to format my
drive and reinstalled Office 2k. When I returned my application, all the
cells using the =DateDif function returned a #Name error. Hope someone can
assist. Thank you in advance.
Phil

--

Dave Peterson