Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Jim Rech Jim Rech is offline

Default FillDown and FillRight buttons don't work at extreme margins

I don't use these buttons so I didn't know what the exact problem was.
Fiddling with it though it seems that if you select say H1 the Fill Down
arrow is disabled. That makes sense I guess since a one cell fill is
meaningless. But then why when I pick H2 is Fill Down enabled?

Anyway, I find that if I select H1 and drag the selection down a few rows
with the mouse the Fill Down button is enabled. But if I enlarge the
selection with the keyboard (Holding Shift down and arrowing) the button
stays disabled. So I'm guessing this is the problem you're referring to.

This is just weird but I don't know what you can do about it. I would say
thought that if you're expanding the selection from the keyboard it would be
quicker to do the fill from there too (Ctrl-d or Ctrl-r for fill right)
rather than going for the mouse.

--
Jim