Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave O Dave O is offline

Default FillDown and FillRight buttons don't work at extreme margins

I've customized a toolbar to include the FillDown and FillRight
buttons. I'm frequently frustrated because the FillDown button doesn't
work when the topmost cell is in row 1, and the FillRight button
doesn't work when the leftmost cell is column A.

Before I create my own button to do this, can anyone explain why the
"stock" buttons don't work that way? I'm just trying to establish if
there's a reason this hasn't been or shouldn't be done.

Thanks