Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Del Cotter Del Cotter is offline

Default xy scatter - dates off

On Mon, 21 Apr 2008, in microsoft.public.excel.charting,
Alicia said:

Although all 3 lists end at the year 2007, my chart shows through 2009.

On pure auto scatter chart, I can't get it to go further than late 2008.
If you set the major unit of the X axis to 730.5 (two average years) it
decides to extend the upper limit all the way to 2009, but if you're
controlling the scale enough to set the major unit by hand, you know
enough to set the upper limit by hand. If you don't know, look up
"Format Axis" in the help.

If you leave the upper limit on Auto, it's just going to choose its own
value, and sometimes it chooses a value you think is too much extra.
Just change it if you don't like it.

Why didn't you get this problem with line charts? Because line charts
don't have a Value scale, they just have a list of whatever categories
you instruct it to have. This is sort of true even when the scale is a
"Time-scale". That's just a kludged sort of category list intended to
mimic a value scale.

--
Del Cotter