Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Risky Dave Risky Dave is offline

Default color coding different data series

Hi,

If I undserstand you correctly all you need to do is right click on one of
the data points and select Format Data Series. You can then set the colour,
line weight, pattern etc. as you want.
Repeat for all eight data series. I don't know if there is a limit to how
many differently formatted series you can have on one chart - I'm sure older
and wiser eads on this forum will be able to tell you.

ATB

Dave

"Adri S." wrote:

Hello! I have about 8 spreadsheets of data that I need to compile into one
chart. However, I need to be able to look at the chart and see which
spreadsheet a data point is from. Is there a quick way to color code a group
of data points from one spreadsheet? I know I could change the color
individually, but with over 50 data points, I'd rather not if I don't have
to! Thank you.