Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Bruce Bruce is offline

Default Sorting Values in Pivot Table

Thank you, Jim. However, it's not one of the row fields that I want to sort
on, it's one of the data values. I hope that I'm using the right term. Just
in case I'm not, in a pivot table, I know of 3 different values - row fields,
column fields and data fields. It's the data one I want to sort.

Thank you.

"Jim Thomlinson" wrote:

Right click on the row field that you want sorted and select field settings.
Select advanced and then alter the sort by to the data field in question.
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"Bruce" wrote:

Excel 2007

I have 3 row fields and 2 data values. I'd like to sort the list by one of
the data values, while keeping the row fields in tact.

When I look in the help section, the instructions they provide don't do
anything at all.

Please help.