Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
T. Valko T. Valko is offline

Default find the beginning and end days of a project

Try these...

Dates in column A
Project name in column B

Earliest date for project A (start of project):

=INDEX(A1:A100,MATCH("project A",B1:B100,0))

Latest date for project A (end of project A) array formula** :

=MAX(IF(B1:B100="project A",A1:A100))

Format as DATE

CTRL,SHIFT,ENTER (not just ENTER)

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"liu" wrote in message
I have a project log that has project names, dates it was worked on,
hours projects are worked on.
eg.
3/1/2008,project a,task 1,2 hours
3/1/2008,project b,task 2,3 hours
4/7/2008,project a,task 1,3 hours

I'd like to find the dates project a is worked on so to put the
beginning and ending of project a. If it's not possible, it would be
nice to show only project a and hide all others so I can find the info
visually.

Thanks for any advice.

liu