Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Mike H Mike H is offline

Default Complex Average in Excel

Seth,

In theory it's as simple as counting the animals & houses and dividing one
into the other but without seeing your data layout a more precise solution is
dificult.

Post an example of your data layout.

Mike

"Seth" wrote:

If I have a list of 80,000+ animals and their home adresses, how do I get an
average of how many animals there are per household? I have a unique animal
identifier and addresses for the animals, but there are 80,000 entries. Some
addresses may have 10+ animals, some may have 1. Also some animals may be
listed one to three times. The problem I have is how to find out how many
animals there are per address (average). I am using Excel 2003. Thank you.