Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Gulfman100 Gulfman100 is offline

Default Returning a cell value in a database

I am creating a home building estimate program in excel and want to return
the value in a certain cell by giving row and column referances. I created
lists with headers to referance the rows and col. I named the database to
referance it. Everything I try to do to referance the database returns an
error. I have tried the Index function (array style) to retreive the data. I
suspected that the row and col names have something to do with the problem so
I tried formatting their cells as text only and that didn't help.

This the database file: http://www.freefilehosting.net/download/3efdg
Thanks in Advance