Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Rick Rothstein \(MVP - VB\)[_262_] Rick Rothstein \(MVP - VB\)[_262_] is offline

Default selecting multiple cells in Excel 2007

Can you explain this a little more? When I click a cell in XL2007, only
that
cell is selected.

I experience the same problem periodically: a single click on a
spreadsheet is selecting a cell and several more below it (four more
in my case). It doesn't happen on all documents (especially new
ones), though. No idea why it happens or where one can "turn it
off"... I guess it must be some kind of option that becomes active
while creating the sheet, but I haven't been able to find anything
about this yet.

Excel is not my primary area of expertise, but I am not aware of any such
option (nor would such an option make any sense to me). I mean, I can write
an event procedure that will do that, but I know of nothing built-in with
that functionality. Perhaps one of the other regulars here can shed some
light on your problem.

You said it "doesn't happen on all documents"... does that mean it
**always** happens on specific documents (that is, is it repeatable), or is
it a haphazard sort of thing?

Rick