Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
T. Valko T. Valko is offline

Default Can Excel ignore a 0 if it starts out that way

If you have a "bunch" of numbers like that and all of them need to be the
same number of digits you can use a custon number format:

FormatCellsNumber tabCustom

0000000

If you enter 10 it will *appear* as 0000010. If you enter 23408 it will
*appear* as 0023408. These entries will still be *numbers*.

Or, you can enter them as *TEXT*. You can either preformat the cells as TEXT
or you can precede them with an apostrope as you enter them:

'0023408

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Cali Tech" wrote in message
I am trying to create a spread sheet and need to enter 0023408 and it wants
to put 23408. I need the 00 to be there. How can I turn this feature on or
off.